A post on Reddit by user anarchystar believed to be Bitcoin Foundation Olivier Janssens describes a recent meeting of the foundation where he was voted of the board and board member Jim Harper resigned. The Bitcoin Foundation has become almost irrelevant at this point.
- There was a discussion on our future, because the Foundation only has a couple of Bitcoins left. They’ve been running on a skeleton crew for the last half year, but even that money has ran out.
- Someone (not me) started a vote on shutting down the Foundation. During the vote, I said that I’m not comfortable continuing the Foundation without a plan and direction. Jim and me have been asking for a plan and direction for many months. The voting result was 2 for (Jim and myself), 3 against. We were one vote short to shut it down.
- Jim resigned after this vote
- We then had a discussion about the future of the Foundation. They wanted everyone to start raising money, so they could come up with a plan. I said I’m not comfortable to raise money UNTIL we have a plan.
- They then proceeded to vote me off the board, because they did not like that (I guess it’s bad intent on my behalf to ask to come up with a business plan before you decide to raise money).